Based on Dr Chris Norris’ book Complete Guide to Back Rehabilitation (Bloomsbury, 2015) this 2 day course presents an evidence based program to safely and effectively manage low back injuries using exercise therapy. It introduces the 3R’s approach – a clinical framework to guide therapists and exercise professionals through the process of designing effective Back Rehab programmes (Norris, 2019).
A balance of theory and practice is used to provide a state-or-the-art approach to modern rehab. Lectures, practical demonstrations, partner work, and small group problem solving are all used to provide a stimulating, easy to follow course.
Learn the science, see the evidence, practice the techniques and expand your client management tools!
Suitable for therapists and exercise teachers of all types (Level 3 and above).
Please note you may use only one available discount for each course.
> Course Syllabus
- Functional anatomy of the spine
- Lumbo-pelvic mechanics
- Mechanics of lifting
- Biopsychosocial approach to Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP)
- Pain science – what is it and when is it relevant?
- Posture evaluation an update – is posture important?
- Core stability – where are we now?
- The 3R’s approach – why & how
- Concepts in exercise therapy
- Teaching techniques for clinical clients
- Cueing (visual / tactile / auditory), adjustments,
- Optimal tissue loading & rehab planning
- Low back pain – not all in the tissues
- Exercise progression – from injury onset to return to work
> Ready to Enrol?
Please complete the online booking form whereupon we will confirm receipt and your place on the course.